Different ways to build
When purchasing a serviced plot for building a home in the UK, there are two main options: self-building and custom building. Here are the key differences:
- Full control over design and specifications.
- Hands-on involvement in construction.
- High level of personalisation.
- Planning permission is required.
- Potential cost savings and flexibility.
- Collaboration with professionals.
- Design options provided by the developer.
- Reduced hands-on involvement.
- Planning permission may be needed.
- Fixed or pre-determined price, with some customisation options.
Both options offer greater control and customisation compared to traditional house purchasing. The choice depends on your level of involvement, budget, and desired customisation.